Supporting the Implementation of Maritime Spatial Planning in the North Atlantic Region
SIMNORAT is co-funded by the EC – DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE) Call for Poposal EASME/EMFF/2015/188.8.131.52
Total project budget is 1.8 Million of Euro; 80% of the budget is funded by the EU.
SIMNORAT focuses on two key objectives:
- Supporting the implementation of Maritime Spatial Planning in EU Member States;
- Launching and carry out concrete and cross-border MSP initiatives between Member States.
To address these objectives the activities undertaken will focuss on the following issues:
- Initial assessment
- Cooperation on MSP in Western Mediterranean
- MSP process
- Methodology for a transboundary MSP
- Spatial demands and future trends
- Data and information’s requirements for MSP.
- Tools and methods supporting MSP.
- Stakeholder’s engagement
SIMNORAT will also address case studies on transboundary pilot sites
SIMNORAT involves the following partners:
- Aveiro University, Portugal
- CEDEX – Study and Experimentation Centre, Spain
- CEREMA – Expertise Centre on Risks studies, Environment, Mobility and space planning, France
- CPRM – Conference of Peripherical Maritime Regions;
- IEO – Oceanographic Institute (Spain);
- FBA – French Biodiversity Agency
- Shom – French Hydrographic Office
The first Stakeholder Conference of SIMNORAT took place in Guéthary on 19th December 2017 and was organized by the French Hydrographic Service SHOM, and hosted by the municipality of Guéthary ( France).