Coastal Area Management Programme
UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) MAP
No specific budget is allocated
CAMP is oriented at the implementation of practical coastal management projects in selected Mediterranean coastal areas, applying Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) as a major tool. The objectives of CAMP are:
- to facilitate at the local level the implementation of the ICZM Protocol in a particular country;
- to develop strategies and procedures for a sustainable development in project areas;
- to identify and apply the relevant methodologies and tools;
- to contribute to the capacity building at local, national and regional levels; and
- to secure a wider use in the region of the results achieved.
The major outputs of the CAMP project are:
- Diagnostic Analysis (Feasibility Study);
- the Project Agreement and Terms of Reference;
- Inception Report;
- Technical Specifications for individual activities of the project;
- Project Database and GIS;
- Systemic Sustainability Analysis;
- Participatory Programme;
- Final Reports of individual activities;
- Final Integrated Report;
- Follow-up Proposals and Urgent Investment Portfolio;
- Presentation Conference Report;
- the Report of the Presentation Meeting at the host-country high governmental level.
Priority Actions Programme Regional Activity Centre (PAP/RAC) is the MAP Centre responsible for the co-ordination of CAMP, under the supervision of MED Unit. CAMP has been approved by the Sixth Ordinary Meeting of the Contracting Parties to the Barcelona Convention, held in Athens in 1989.