ADRiatic Ionian maritime spatial PLANning
EU DG MARE Calls for Proposal under the theme “Maritime Spatial Planning (MSP) in the Mediterranean sea and/or the Black Sea”
ADRIPLAN aimed to deliver a commonly-agreed approach to cross-border MSP in the Adriatic-Ionian region, considered as a whole and more specifically through two Focus Areas: (1) Northern Adriatic Sea; (2) Southern Adriatic/Northern Ionian Sea.
The proposed approach was developed with the support of institutional partners and observers and the involvement of stakeholders of the area and provided recommendations for the evaluation of cross-border MSP, based on an integrated assessment (environmental, legal, administrative, economic and social) and taking into account multiple demands and potentials. It promotes the harmonized implementation under an ecosystem based approach of the EU legislative framework on marine and maritime issues.
Besides the above mentioned approach and methodology, main ADRIPLAN deliverables include: downscaling and application of the developed methodology in the two project Focus Areas, ADRIPLAN Data Portal, MSP tools (conflict score and cumulative impacts tools).
- Sub-co CNR-ISMAR - National Research Council, Institute of Marine Science (IT) – Lead Partner
- OGS - National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (IT)
- University IUAV of Venice, Department of Design and Planning in Complex Environment (IT)
- City of Rijeka (HR)
- Regional Development Centre Koper (SL)
- CONISMA - National Interuniversity Consortium for Marine Sciences (IT)
- University of Thessaly (EL)
- Hellenic Centre on Marine Research (EL)
- Emilia-Romagna Region (IT)
- Veneto Region (IT)
- Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia (IT)
- Marche Region (IT)
- Molise Region (IT)
- Puglia Region (IT)
- Istria Region (HR)
- Ionian Islands Region (EL)
- Venice Port Authority (IT)
- CORILA – Consortium for coordination of research activities concerning the Venice lagoon system (IT)