Supporting the Implementation of Maritime Spatial Planning in the North Atlantic Region
SIMNORAT is co-funded by the EC – DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE) Call for Poposal EASME/EMFF/2015/126.96.36.199
Total project budget is 1.8 Million of Euro; 80% of the budget is funded by the EU.
SIMNORAT focuses on two key objectives:
- Supporting the implementation of Maritime Spatial Planning in EU Member States;
- Launching and carry out concrete and cross-border MSP initiatives between Member States.
To address these objectives the activities undertaken will focuss on the following issues:
- Initial assessment
- Cooperation on MSP in Western Mediterranean
- MSP process
- Methodology for a transboundary MSP
- Spatial demands and future trends
- Data and information’s requirements for MSP.
- Tools and methods supporting MSP.
- Stakeholder’s engagement
SIMNORAT will also address case studies on transboundary pilot sites
SIMNORAT involves the following partners:
- Aveiro University, Portugal
- CEDEX – Study and Experimentation Centre, Spain
- CEREMA – Expertise Centre on Risks studies, Environment, Mobility and space planning, France
- CPRM – Conference of Peripherical Maritime Regions;
- IEO – Oceanographic Institute (Spain);
- FBA – French Biodiversity Agency
- Shom – French Hydrographic Office