Partnership Agreement for the Development Framework 2014-2020 - Greece
The Partnership Agreement for the Development Framework 2014-2020 (PA 2014 - 2020) constitutes the main strategic plan for growth in Greece with the contribution of significant resources originating from the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) of the European Union. The PA 2014-2016 is managed by the Ministry of Economy, Development and Tourism. Through its implementation, the PA 2014-2020 seeks to tackle the structural weaknesses in Greece that contributed to the economic crisis, as well as other economic and social problems caused by it. Moreover, the PA 2014-2020 is called upon to help attain the national targets within the Europe 2020 Strategy. PA 2014 -2020 financing priorities are:
- Enhancing business competitiveness and extroversion, shifting to qualitative entrepreneurship spearheaded by innovation and higher domestic added value:
- Transition to high added value activities;
- Creation of a business friendly environment to attract investments;
- Capitalising on research and innovation to strengthen the competitiveness of new and existing businesses.
- Development and utilisation of human resource abilities – active social inclusion - education and life-long learning:
- Development of human resources and access to employment focusing on the creation of jobs, especially for young people;
- Promotion of social inclusion and combating poverty.
- Protection of the environment – transition to a more environmentally friendly economy:
- Protection of the environment;
- Fostering climate change adaptation and risk prevention;
- Shift to a low carbon economy.
- Development – modernisation – completion of infrastructures for economic and social growth:
- Transport networks focusing on the completion of the Trans-European Transport Networks, with vertical axes and multi-modal transport;
- Energy networks;
- Broadband networks
- Improvement of the institutional capacity and the efficiency of public administration and local government
At the national level, eight sectors have been selected to which priority will be given. They are expected to play a greater role in economic growth. These sectors are: agri-food, health – medicines, ICT, energy, environment and sustainable development, transport, materials – construction and tourism, culture, creative industries.
The Partnership Agreement for the Development Framework 2014-2020 might be relevant for MSP-related projects and initiatives, depending on the specific calls that will be activated. This could be for example the case of calls related to the financing priority on protection of the environment and transition to a more environmentally friendly economy (see also information on Sectoral Operation Programmes, under “Further Financing Information”).
All entities and consortia of entities. Main coordinators and beneficiaries should be Greek though other international partners are not prohibited to participate in the consortia.
The new framework is expected to start before the end of 2016.
Projects related to studies usually last 2 to 3 years. Projects related to call for services may last from a few months up to 7 years and those referring to procurement of goods may last more than 5 years. The above information is based on the analysis of expired calls (till December 2015); it is possible that the new calls will have different clauses in relation to project duration.
PA 2014 – 2020 comprises 20 Programmes, of which 7 are Sectoral and 13 Regional:
The Sectoral Operational Programmes (OPs) pertain to one or more sectors, with nationwide geographical scope. The seven OPs are:
- Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation;
- Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development Operational Programme;
- Human Resources Development – Education and Life Long Learning Operational Programme;
- Reform of the Public Sector Operational Programme;
- Technical Assistance Operational Programme;
- Rural Development Programme on a national level;
- Fisheries and Maritime Operational Programme.
The 13 Regional Operational Programmes (ROPs), one for each Greek Region, contain actions of regional scope.
PA 2014 – 2020 will support studies, procurement of goods and services. Award of services and good procurements will be one project per call. Approved studies may be more than 1 per call.
More information is available at https://www.espa.gr/en/Pages/default.aspx