Interreg 2 Seas Mers Zeeën
The aim of the programme is to develop an innovative, knowledge and research based, sustainable and inclusive 2 Seas area, where natural resources are protected and the green economy promoted. Interreg 2 Seas 2014-2020 is a European Territorial Cooperation Programme covering England, France, the Netherlands and Belgium (Flanders). The Programme is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and has a total of €241m ERDF to co-finance projects in the 2014 - 2020 period. The programme seeks to:
- Increase the capacities of 2 Seas stakeholders for technology transfer and for the development of clusters
- Exploit research results in order to translate them into new technologies, products and services
- Promote social innovation applications to tackle the challenges related to (youth) unemployment, poverty and social exclusion
- Increase adoption and exploit potential of new renewable technologies
- Increase the ecosystem-based adaptation capacity to climate change
- Increase adoption of new solutions for a more resource-efficient and circular economy by reinforcement of the institutional framework conditions
For Call 5: the first step is open from 1 August until 27 October 2017. Step 2 will then be open from 2 February 2018 until 2 May 2018. The call 5 ToR is available at the bottom of the page (under documentation) and is part of the call 5 Application Pack.
Call 6 will be the last call for proposal. Step 1 of call 6 will open on 01 February 2018 and close on 02 May 2018. Step 2 will open the on 08 August 2018 and close on 06 November 2018. The Monitoring Committee decision is expected for February 2019. Please note that there will be no referral back for this call.
Any organisation located within the eligible area can submit a project under any specific objective: public bodies, public equivalent bodies and private bodies. All projects have as a main goal to ‘overcome’ the maritime border and should therefore be composed of at least one English partner.
Projects that directly contribute to one of the specific objectives can be part-financed for up to 60% of their total project budget.
More information can be found on Interreg V-A France-Belgium-The Netherlands-United Kingdom (Les Deux Mers/Two seas/Twee Zeeen) website. Questions related to the Interreg V-A France-Belgium-The Netherlands-United Kingdom (Les Deux Mers/Two seas/Twee Zeeen) programme may be directed at the Joint Secretariat or the National Contact Points.
The 5th Call will be published on the 27th of October.