Aquaculture – recirculating systems & construction / expansion / modernisation aquaculture farms
The activities, planned under Measure “Productive Investments in aquaculture”, in terms of establishment and modernisation of the objects, and diversification of aquaculture companies’ incomes, will contribute to improving the competitiveness and viability of the economic entities in this sector, including for improving the safety and labour conditions. The implementation of these activities aims at:
- Increasing the range of the products;
- Modernization and expansion of existing farms;
- Improving the production characteristics of the water basin;
- Improving the labor conditions and safety for those working in the sector;
- Improving and modernization of assets, linked to the health of animals and their humane treatment, including purchase of equipment for protection of the farms from wild predators;
- Development of sustainable aquacultures (in economic, social and environmental terms);
- Reducing the energy intensity and increasing the energy efficiency of aquaculture farms (reducing the loses in transmission and distribution of energy, improving the energy characteristics of the existing buildings, etc.)
- Introduction of renewable energy sources as important local inexhaustible resources, which to be used as maximum as possible – both water potential and other sources of clean energy (wind, sun, geothermal waters, biomass);
- Effective use of resources, including for reducing water consumption by stimulating production in recirculating systems;
- Introduction of resource-saving technologies that reduce the amount of water used and drugs, and other chemicals; reduce eutrophication of water bodies.
Legal Persons or Sole Traders registered under the Commercial Act or under the Act on Cooperations.
The maximum duration for implementation of a project under Measure 2.2 “Product investments in aquaculture” is as follows:
- For sector “Recirculating Systems” – up to 18 months for approved project proposals, which include construction activities, and up to 12 months for approved project proposals without construction activities;
- For sector “Construction of new as well as expansion and modernization of existing aquaculture farms” – up to 18 months for approved project proposals, which include construction activities, and up to 12 months for approved project proposals without construction activities;
There is not a requirement for minimum project duration.
The deadline for submitting applications is 25/05/2017, 17.00 o’clock local time.
The financial support under this measure is provided as a grant, and is up to 50% of all eligible costs.
- Sector “Recirculating Systems”: the minimum amount of the eligible grant is 48 985 BGN / 25 000 EUR; the maximum amount of the eligible grant is 850 000 BGN / 434 598 EUR;
- Sector “Construction of new as well as expansion and modernization of existing aquaculture farms”: the minimum amount of the eligible grant is 30 000 BGN / 15 338 EUR; the maximum amount of the eligible grant is 550 000 BGN / 281 210 EUR;
The European Maritime and Fisheries Fund provides 75% of the funding, and the remaining 25% are from the State Budget.
The call for proposals along with all annexes can be found here. The documentation is available only in Bulgarian.
The title reference for the call for proposals is BG14MFOP001-2.006 “Productive investments in aquaculture - Sector “Recirculating Systems” and sector “Construction of new as well as expansion and modernization of existing aquaculture farms” (in Bulgarian: BG14MFOP001-2.006 - Продуктивни инвестиции в аквакултура - Сектор „Рециркулационни системи“ и Сектор „Изграждане на нови, както и разширяване и модернизация на съществуващи аквакултурни стопанства“)-
The project proposals should be submitted via the UMIS system, available at: https://eumis2020.government.bg.