The workshop will address questions such as:
- What is the added-value of macro-regional cooperation?
- What are the benefits of common actions and mutual knowledge as the main pillars fostering coherent and sustainable regional development in three themes: urban networking and urban–rural cooperation, internal and external accessibility and maritime spatial planning?
- What are the future challenges and opportunities for macro-regional cooperation after 2020?
VASAB (“Vision and Strategies around the Baltic Sea”) is intergovernmental multilateral co-operation of 11 countries of the Baltic Sea Region in spatial planning and development, both EU and non-EU countries guided by the Conference of Ministers responsible for spatial planning and development, steered by the Committee on Spatial Planning and Development of the Baltic Sea Region (CSPD/BSR) composed of representatives of respective ministries and regional authorities (Germany, Russia).
Policy makers and stakeholders involved in macro-regional development and cooperation concerning urban planning, accessibility and maritime spatial planning at EU, macro-regional and national level are invited to participate in this workshop. It also addresses the practioners and researchers interested in macro-regional topicalities.
Topics on MSP:
- Regional cooperation on MSP at transnational, cross-border and national level
- Linking practice with science – a benefit for MSP
- Added value of macro-regional cooperation
- Cross-border dimension in MSP – how to achieve the coherence of maritime spatial plans?
- Involvement of research community for more evidence based MSP
Registration is open here: www.goo.gl/U5oHPt.